Friday, September 28, 2012

First session of Professional Practice

For our first lecture on Professional Practice, we were asked to bring along our current portfolio and also bring examples of our two favourite photographers. My portfolio was an online one so here is a link to my website...

http://laurenwhatling.wix.com/laurenwhatlingphotography

I will have to get used to showing my people portfolios as I was abit nervous showing a group of seven it! My portfolio consists of still life, architecture, landscape, portrait photography and fashion photography. As a photographer, I like to show that I can do a variety of photography and not just one genre. I had some good feedback from the group and my lecturer Judy Harrison saying it was a good start to showing my portfolio. However, some bits needed tweaking.

I also showed my two favourite photographs. My first one being Tim Walker. Tim Walker has been my favourite photographer since school. His work is not only photography but is art and is very creative and dreamy. Here is his website http://timwalkerphotography.com/ and here are a few of my favourite of his photographs...







My second favourite photographer is David Lachapelle. His work is so bold and artistic. He really tells a story within his images and even uses religious referencing. Here are a few of my favourite of his photographs...


No comments:

Post a Comment